Thursday, February 5, 2009

A mind of her own


So much for thinking I could plan the day of my delivery.  As you all know I thought for sure I would go over like I did with Parker.  Yea, was I wrong.  Monday morning I got up and ready for work like always, feeling great and ready to go another 10 days before I delivered.  I dropped Parker off at Grandma Gimbels.  Then not even an hour into my teaching, around 9:30ish, I felt a warm flow, which some of you might know what I am talking about.  Anyway, I continued to teach through the morning putting the thought of it being my water breaking aside.  Besides it was a gush of water and I was going to be a week late, so it couldn't be my water.  After teaching the rest of the morning from my chair, I took my students to lunch, told the office I thought my water broke and gave my doctor a call.  She told me to go to the hospital.  Luckily, I had all my plans for the next 13 weeks ready to go for my long term sub, however I had a few things to get in order before I left.  So after lunch and while my students were at PE, I did a few last minute things, while trying not to flood the hallways.  Justin and I got to the hospital around 1:30pm and at 8:35pm Brooklyn Nicole was born.  It was a much easier labor than with Parker.  Here are a few pictures, not the greatest but I'll hopefully get some cuter ones up later. ha/ha


6lbs 14 oz

20 in long
A proud and excited brother

10 comments:

Jason and Kate said...

Congrats! She is so cute! That is too funny that you finished most of the day teaching. I basically subbed sitting down when I was pregnant too. I hope everything goes well for the next little while.

The Dobbs said...

very cute! keep the pictures coming. I hope Brody is that excited!!!

breanna said...

She's so cute!! You sound like me when I'm in labor...with renee I was cleaning my apartment like a maniac, with hazel I was shopping, and with Elijah is was induced-so I was sitting in the bed mad! Doing something definetely makes it shorter and easier! Enjoy your sweet little girl!!! She defintely has a happy/proud big brother! Love bre

Jacob and Mindy T. said...

Congrats! She is a doll and so is Parker. YOu look so great after just having a baby and happy. Can't wait until you post more pics.

McKeehan Family said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful, I bet Parker will be a great big brother!

M-n-M said...

So so exciting. I am glad that things went well. I love her little name. Enjoy you break from teaching and adapting to being a mom of 2.

Sara said...

Congrats Nicole! I didn't realize you had a blog...or that you were having another baby! I had a water breaking experience, too...Mike was convinced I had just peed my pants:)LOL. She is a doll...you'll love having a baby girl! They're so much fun to dress:)

Jacob and Mindy T. said...

hey! We changed our blog address! It's now http://giggleswigglesandhoinks.blogspot.com/ That's where you can find us. I'll be sending out an email too so if I have your email you will get an email too. :) Thanks!!

Maddy said...

Congrats on your baby girl. I can't believe you kept teaching!

The Martin Family said...

So happy for you! Good luck...