Sunday, February 22, 2009

Lovin it!

Trying to get Parker to take a photo shoot with Brooklyn

It's hard to get a newborn to pose


I finally got some pictures of Brooklyn with her eyes open.  She has no problem sleeping the day away.  I'm trying to get her to stay awake more during the day so that we can enjoy more sleep at night.  Ya, she doesn't appreciate it when I do that.  Parker is a geat brother and loves to be helpful.  When she cries he is quick to tell me, "feed her." He will even get me my nursing pillow whether I need it or not.  He gets me her wipes and diapers and the says," EEW, stinky."  I just love him.  He is such a funny little boy and he continues to amaze me with his smartness.  I took 12 weeks maternity leave from work and am loving every moment of it!  

8 comments:

Jason and Kate said...

Jason says the same thing when Wyatt is crying...feed him! I guess they learn young.

M-n-M said...

I can see both you and your husband in her. She is adorable. I have been the mean mommy making Brex stay awake more too. He finally slept 6 straight hours last night and I will tell you it was amazing to get to sleep that long. I am glad you get a nice long maternity. I went back to clinical after 2 weeks and have to do 45 hours a week to get done, but we are getting by and come May I will be focused on just being a mom.

Jacob and Mindy T. said...

SO cute! She's a little cutie! I am hoping that Austin will be so helpful when our new baby gets here. That's so awesome that Parker is already that way! Have fun with your maternity leave!

Nicole said...

She is beautiful. Hope you're doing well.

Jacob and Mindy T. said...

Thanks so much for updating me on Natalie! :) I hope her and the baby are doing well. If you can post some pictures!

Amber said...

She is such an angel, congrats to you and your cute little family. I can see a lot of you in her. She is lucky to have you as her mom!

Melissa said...

Nicole,
I'm so glad I found your blog. Brooklyn is so cute, I think she looks like Dawn. I'm glad to hear things went well with the delivery and we defininely need to get together. We're pretty much free anytime so whenever you feel up to it or want to let me know.

Ellsworth Family said...

She is beautiful! I am sorry that I missed you guys at the wedding, but it getts a little trickier when you are on the other side of the country!
Glad you guys are doing well! Say hello to everyone for us.
Jen